Microsoft Outlook 2013 lost existing email or stopped receiving new email for Internet Mail Access Protocol 4 (IMAP) accounts. Or, you received one or more of the following error messages when moving or deleting a mail message:
You do not have appropriate permission to perform this operation.
The operation cannot be performed because the object has been deleted.
You do not have permission to move items in this folder.
These problems may occur after installing the Microsoft Outlook 2013 October 2013 hotfix package or the November 2013 security update.
To work around these issues, try changing the Root Folder path for the IMAP account.
- Start Outlook.
- Click File, then click Account Settings, and then click Account Settings.
- Double-click on the IMAP email account.
- Click the More Settings button.
- Click the Advanced tab.
- Set Root Folder path to Inbox (Name to Inbox, then next. After change, go to remove the Inbox name to fix).
- Click OK, then click Next, and then click Finish.