Skip to the content
Deploy the add-in for users
- Login to the Microsoft 365 admin center at https://admin.microsoft.com.
- On the left nav, press Show All then expand Settings and select Integrated Apps.
- On the page that loads, press Get Apps.
- In the page that appears, in the top right Search box, enter Report Message or Report Phishing, and then select Search.
- Press Get it now on your chosen app within the search results (publisher is Microsoft Corporation).
- On the flyout that appears, select who to deploy the add-in to. If testing you may wish to use a specific group, otherwise configure it for the entire organization – when you’ve made a selection press Next.
- Review the permissions, information and capabilities then press Next.
- Press Finish deployment (it can take 12-24 hours for the add-in to appear automatically in Outlook clients).
Configure the add-in for users
- Login to the Microsoft Security portal at https://security.microsoft.com.
- On the left nav, select Settings and choose Email & collaboration.
- Select User reported settings.
- Ensure Microsoft Outlook Report Message button is toggled to On.
- Under Send the reported messages to choose Microsoft (Recommended).
- Ensure Let users choose if they want to report is unchecked and Always report the message is selected.
- Press Save.
Optional steps – configure notifications
- On the configuration page from the earlier steps, underneath the User reporting experience, configure the before and after reporting pop-ups title and body if desired. The end users will see the before reporting pop up if Ask me before reporting is also enabled.
- If you wish for notifications to come from an internal organizational mailbox, select Specify Office 365 email address to use as sender and search for a valid mailbox in your organization to send the notifications from.
- Press Customize notifications to set up the text sent to reporting users after admin reviews a reported message using Mark & Notify, configure the Phishing, Junk & No threats found options.
- On the Footer tab, select the global footer to be sent for notifications, along with your organization’s logo if appropriate.
error: Protected !!